The Institute is the central research and development institutions of the Healthcare Ministry and the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, focused on considering the problems of etiology, pathogenesis, prevention, diagnostics and treatment of patients with pathologies of locomotion system, organization of specialized service
Main focuses of the scientific activities at the SI “The Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine:
- Development of methods for early diagnostics and treatment of joints dystrophic disorders and dysplastic diseases in aspect of ageing, prosthetic treatment;
- Medico-social aspects of locomotion system traumas and their consequences
- Elaboration of methods to treat the consequences of severe limb traumas
- Development of methods for diagnostics and rehabilitation of patients with diseases and inures of spine
- Congenital and evoked diseases of locomotion system in children
- Elaborating treatment and rehabilitation technologies for combat multistructural limb traumas
- Medico-social aspects of musculoskeletal traumas and diseases in athletes
- Development of methods for prevention and treatment of infectious diseases of bones and joint
Implementation of the results into the practical healthcare is economically efficient, because it reduces in-hospital stay, cost of the treatment, and decreases significantly direct and indirect costs on a national basis. Its social effects lay in the decrease of disability share, improvement of the quality of life thanks to recovery of musculoskeletal function, complete, or partial is severe cases.
- Carrying out clinical-economic studies as one of the most important components of modern system for medical aid quality management.
- Participation in dedicated state programs.
- Updating national standards of medical aid on the background of the balance between spending and efficiency, considering the state’s actual economic situation for the second and third stages of medical aid.
- Active innovational activities for efficient implementation of the results of scientific researches.
- Elaboration and implementation of quality indexes for medical support of patients with musculoskeletal traumas and diseases.
- Methodical assistance to specialists of medical institutions.
- Monitoring current matters in the sphere, elaboration of prospective, socially important topics for fundamental and practical studies, including multidisciplinary ones.
- Organization and carrying our scientific forums of different levels.
- Normalization of the “Visnyk” to the standards to include it to Scopus international scientific database.
- The constant monitoring of academic honesty while writing dissertations and other scientific papers, textbooks and guides using modern informational technologies for review and analysis.
- Formation of an innovational infrastructure due to the growing world market’s demand for innovations.
- The increased amount of scientific researches admitted in Ukraine and abroad, with the respective citations in international high-rating journals.
The Institute is the leading research and development institution of the Ministry of Health and the NAMS of Ukraine, focused at resolving problems of etiology, pathogenesis, prevention, diagnostics, and treatment of musculoskeletal system disorders, organization of a dedicated service.
State Institution “The Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine” announces a competition to the post-graduate course for a scientific degree of a PhD in the branch 22 Healthcare, specialty 222 Medicine, specialization “Traumatology and Orthopedics” for the year 2022.
The applicants are expected to submit their applications and documents for the competition from June 01 till August 31, 2022.
Current rules and regulations on admission to the post-graduate course of the SI “The Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, NAMS of Ukraine” in 2022 (download)
SI ITO NAMSU carries out training and informational courses on following topics: ... See more >>>
SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL LIBRARY OF THE SI ITO NAMSU
Chief – NEMYROVYCH-BULGAKOVA Oksana Ivanivna.
The Institute’s scientific library is a significant informational, cultural, and scientific center. It implements leading achievements of medical science into the practice of healthcare, actively ensures the fulfillment of planned topics for research and development papers and dissertations on traumatology and orthopedics.
Being historically formed within a century, the unique, special, and dedicated book collection of the library is of high scientific value. It comprises of over 56.000 units, including 600 dissertations, 6100 author’s abstracts and methodical recommendations, 12.000 foreign publications, 50 items of domestic and international periodical editions since 1880 and till the present time.
The library thoroughly preserves rare and scares publications on medicine by M.I. Pyrohov, I.I. Mechnikov, I.P. Pavlov, life-term book collections of the founders of Ukrainian orthopedics and traumatology: M.I. Sitenko, K.F. Vegner, M.P. Novachenko, F.R. Bohdanov, foreing scholars. Scientifically valuable are encyclopedias, guides, dictionaries, handbooks of charts, for instance, Brockhauz and Encyclopedic dictionary in 82 volumes (1890), the Large Medical Encyclopedia, the 1st edition (1928), the Dictionary of Ukrainian by B.Grunchenko (1907), the Encyclopedia of Surgery (in 14 volumes, Paries), etc.
Periodical domestic and foreign editions constitute a large share of the library’s resources, for instance, “Orthopedics and Traumatology” (since 1927), the “Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery” (since 1926), “Revue d’Orthopedie” (since 1903).
Scientific resources of the medical library have multiaspect reflection in a system of catalogues (alphabetical, subject, systemic), cards, containing over 220 thousands of library descriptions.
Meeting the demand of nowadays, the librarians use new technologies and auxiliary services, provide fast informational and bibliographic support to the dedicated medical research and development institutions, complex governmental programs in the sphere of traumatology and orthopedics. Each year, they meet over 1000 users of different categories, provide them with over 40 thousand items of documents on musculoskeletal system disorders, arthroplasty, microsurgery, osteomyelitis, plastic surgery, bone regeneration, rehabilitation, sport trauma, etc.
After the Institute’s 100th anniversary, the library got dedicated to the information resources’ structure modernization for efficient informational and analytic follow-up to medical science, implementation of modern library communication services using modern technologies, well-qualified operative replies on the scholars’ professional requests according to the State national-cultural and dedicated medical programs within the reform of the healthcare and priority directions for future activating upon conditions of insured medicine.
THE LIST OF NEW ARRIVALS OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND MEDICAL LIBRARY OF THE SI “ITO AMSU” in 2017-2021 download)
Publications by the members of the SI “The Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine” in scientific databases Scopus and Web of Science within 2017-2021