Department for Microsurgery and Reconstructive-Recovery Surgery of Upper Limb
Chief: Strafun Sergii Semenovych
- Working Hours:
- Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.
- Consult Hours:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
9:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
- Surgery Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday
Chief of the department:
Meritorious person of the science and technique of Ukraine, senior external expert of the HCM of Ukraine in “Orthopedics and Traumatology”, Corresponding Member оf the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, member of International Association of orthopedists-traumatologists SICOT, member of International Association of Less-Invasive and Arthroscopic Surgery ISACOS, President of the Association of Orthopedists-Traumatologists of Ukraine, member of Editor Board of specialized journals “The Messenger of Orthopedics and Traumatology”, “Trauma”, “The Chronicle of Orthopedics and Traumatology”, deputy director in charge of scientific work of the SI “The Institute for Traumatology and Orthopedics” by NAMSU, author of over 200 scientific researches, among them 200 scientific researches including 4 monographs and 7 author’s certificates for inventions devoted to topical issues of traumatology and orthopedics, doctor habilitatus of medical sciences, professor.
Strafun Sergii Semenovych
The clinic of microsurgery and reconstructive-recovery surgery of upper limb of the SI “The ITO NAMSU” performs the whole range of surgical interventions using wide scope of the most contemporary methods of traumatology and orthopedics, including microsurgical and arthroscopic technologies. Over 1200 undergo surgical treatment here due to severe traumas, consequences thereof and diseases of locomotion system (fractures, pseudoarthrosis, damages of nerves, tendons and ligaments, intra-articular fractures and degenerative-dystrophic diseases of locomotion system).
Main and priority directions of the clinic’s activities are complex microsurgical and reconstructive-recovery operations in cases of fractures and pseudoarthrosis of bones of limbs, damages of nerves and muscles, as well as tendon and ligament system of joints. The department performs also implementation of modern biotechnologies using platelet enriched plasma (growth factor) and stem cells, lipofilling that ensure increase in efficiency of surgical treatment, and in some cases – to perform efficient conservative treatment.
Types of surgical interventions:
- Microsurgical operations: transposition of muscles and tissue complexes for treatment of defects of bones and soft tissues, as well as for replacement of muscles damaged by ischemia and damaged nerves.
- Treatment of fractures and pseudoarthrosis of limbs’ bones using contemporary methods of osteosynthesis (intramedullary, plate, external by external fixation devices and bone plastics).
- Operation for treatment of damaged upper limb’s ligaments (those of shoulder, forearm, finger flexors and extensor tendons) using anchors and modern silicone implants for complete recovery of functions thereof.
- Operative treatment of hand joint in cases of fractures of forearm and wrist bones and consequences thereof, removal of joint ganglia, reconstructive surgery of consequences of hand traumas and diseases.
- Primary and revision replacement of upper limb’s joint (those of shoulder, elbow, hand and small joints of hand and fingers) after traumas, consequences thereof or diseases.
- The whole range of arthroscopic surgery (knee, shoulder, elbow, hand, hip and ankle joints) of meniscus injuries and damages of knee joint ligaments, instability, recurred dislocations of shoulder rotary cuff, debridement in chondromatosis, ganglia, traumatic and degenerative-dystrophic diseases of joints of the extremities.
- Open surgical interventions into joints in cases of damaged shoulder rotary cuff, instability of elbow and knee joint.
- Less-invasive surgical interventions in cases of pseudoarthrosis of limbs using platelet-enriched plasma (growth factor).
Main priority direction of the clinic’s scientific works is development of new technologies for treatment of damaged nerves, defects of bones and soft tissues after traumas and consequences thereof. Improvement of the methods for treatment damages and diseases of shoulder and elbow joints and joints of hand, as well and damages tendons of upper limb. The clinics works with platelet-enriched plasma (growth factor) and stem cells for treatment of traumas and diseases of locomotion system.
Doctors of this Clinic
Strafun Sergii Semenovych
Chief of the Department for Microsurgery and Reconstructive-Recovery Surgery of Upper Limb