Tsorkalo Vasyl Mykolayovych
- PhD med.
- Senior scientific researcher
- bone and joint infections surgery
Senior scientific researcher of bone infection surgery department of the SI «ITO NAMS of Ukraine»
Department for bone purulent surgery
A member of the Ukrainian association of orthopedists-traumatologists – Kyiv unit of the PUATO Ukrainian Association of Orthopedists-Traumatologists, A member of the international professional society World Association against Infection in Orthopaedics and Trauma, A member of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society
- Senior scientific researcher of bone infection surgery department of the SI “ITO NAMS of Ukraine”;
- PhD med.,
- Orthopaedic and trauma surgeon of the highest qualification category, speciality: bone and joint infections surgery,
- A member of the Ukrainian association of orthopedists-traumatologists – Kyiv unit of the PUATO “Ukrainian Association of Orthopedists-Traumatologists”,
- A member of the international professional society “World Association against Infection in Orthopaedics and Trauma”,
- A member of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society
He has been working at the bone and joint infections clinic of the SI “ITO NAMS of Ukraine” since 2005.
In 1998, he graduated from the faculty of medicine of O.O. Bohomolets National Medical University with a speciality in general medicine. His internship training took place at the Orthopedics and Trauma Care Department No.1 of Kyiv Postgraduate Academy; worked as an orthopaedic and trauma surgeon of a polyclinic No. 1 for adults in Dniprovskyi district of Kyiv.
After he graduated from the clinical residency (ITO NAMS of Ukraine, 2003-2005), in October 2005, after a competition, he got a position as a junior scientific researcher a the bone infection surgery department at the SI "The Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, NAMS of Ukraine". He made and in 2010 represented a PhD research, dedicated to a topical issue of traumatology and orthopaedics. In December 2014, he passed to the position of senior scientific researcher at the bone infection surgery department of the SI "The Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, NAMS of Ukraine" according to the results of the competition and is still working here.
Focuses of his scientific and practical activities:
- Infections of bones and joints;
- Infections of replaced joints;
- Implant-associated infections in traumatology and orthopaedics; |
- Bone lesions
- Infected bone nonunions
- Infected wounds – defects of limbs’ soft tissues
- Trophic disorders in the tissues of limbs