Timoshenko Sergey Viktorovich
- Ph.D. in medicine
- Doctor, orthopedist-traumatologist of highest category
- Surgery Brush
- work experience in brush surgery - 20years
Collaborator of the clinic № 9
Department for Microsurgery and Reconstructive-Recovery Surgery of Upper Limb
highest qualification category, 12 international and 52 domestic scientific publications
From 1999 to 2001 I used to work at the department of concomitant and combined trauma in Center of hand surgery of Lviv hospital No.8. Since 2002 I work at Clinic No.9 of the SI “The Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics” by the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine as a doctor, traumatologists-orthopedist and as a scientific researcher. Work experience in profession – 20 years.
Since 2012 I have the highest qualification category in orthopedics and traumatology.
During the period of work, to the present time I have mastered all basic types of orthopedic and traumatology care – from polytrauma to microsurgery, although main focuses (over 70% of the patients) of my work are problems of diseases and injuries of the wrist area. Main pathologies:
- Complex fractures of radial bone in “typical place” and consequences thereof;
- Fractures and presudoarthroses of scaphoid bone;
- Management of deforming arthritis of wrist joint (rizarthrosis, SLAC, SNAC);
- Perilunate dislocations and fracture-dislocations;
- Aseptic necroses of wrist bones (lunatomalacia, Preiser’s disease, consequences of traumas);
- Injuries of wrist joint’s ligament system (TFCC, scaphoid-semilunar ligament, instability);
- Arthroscopy of wrist joint and less-invasive surgery thereof;
- Recovery of upper limb’s nerves (neurolysis, suture, plastics) using microsurgery technique;
- Neuropathies and stenosing ligaments of wirst area (carpal canal, De Quervain’s disease);
- Dupuitren’s contracture.
Besides long-term work and study at the best domestic schools of hand surgery, I passed training courses in hand surgery in Vienna, Krakow, Strasburg. Since 2014 I am a member of European Association of Hand Sugrery (FESSH) and participated each of its last 7 annual congresses (Poznan, Bucharest, Belek, Santander, Milano, Budapest, Kopengagen). Coach and lecturer of courses in surgery and microsurgery.
In year 2010 I represented Ph.D. research “Surgical Treatment of Radial Bone’s Distal Metaepiphysis Fractures and their Consequences”.
Co-author of scientific and practical books for doctors: “Surgical Treatment of Radial Bone’s Distal Metaepiphysis Fractures and their Consequences”, “Prevention, Diagnostics and Treatment of Ischemic Contractures of Hand and Foot”, as well as national recommendations and treatment protocols for wrist fractures.
Outpatient procedures conservative and less-invasive treatment of wrist and hand diseases – stenosing ligamentitis (trigger fingers), De Quervain’s disease (mom’s hand), ganglions, compressive neuropathies, intraarticular injections (into wrist joint) of medications controlled by US imaging etc.
- Open reposition and fixation of unstable radial bone fracture in typical place (reposition fixed by a single plate)
Indications to operation: unsuccessful attempt of conservative treatment of fracture
Duration of operation: 45-60 minutes Duration of in-hospital stay after operation: 1-2 days.
- Open reposition of intraarticular unstable radial bone fracture with dislocation – specific fixation of fragments by 1-3 mini-plates
Indications to operation: unsuccessful attempts of conservative fractures treatment
Duration of operation: 60-90 minutes Duration of in-hospital stay after operation: 2-3 days.
- Corrective osteotomy of radial bone fracture’s malunion, fixed by a plate
Indications to operation: deformation, pain and functional disorders of a wrist
Duration of operation: 5-7- minutes Period of in-hospital stay after operation: 2-3 days.
- Osteosynthesis of scaphoid bone by Herbert screw
Indications to operation: recent fracture with dislocation
Duration of operation: 35-45 minutes Duration of in-hospital stay after operation: 1 day
- Surgical treatment of pseudoarthrosis (nonunion) of scaphoid bone with correction of its shape and length by bone plastics.
Indications to operation: nonunion of scaphoid bone for more than 4 months
Duration of operation: 50-70 minutes Period of in-hospital stay after operation: 2 days.
- Surgical treatment of wrist joint arthrosis (arthroplastics, partial arthrodeses, denervations and reconstructions)
Indications to operation: degenerative processes, aseptic necroses, consequences of wrist joint injuries, accompanied by functional limitations and pain .
Duration of operation: 60-90 minutes Period of in-hospital stay after surgery: up to 3 days.
- Scaphoid-trapezoid arthrodesis (STT-fusion) of a wrist joint
Indications to operation: Kienbock’s disease of 3-b stage, accompanied by functional limitation and pain
Duration of operation: 60 minutes Period of in-hospital stay after surgery: up to 2 days
- Surgical elimination of perilune dislocation / fracture-dislocation
Indications to operation: unsuccessful previous treatment
Duration of operation: 60-90 minutes Period of in-hospital stay: up to 3 days
- Restoration of peripheral nerves of extremities (neurolysis, suture, plastics) using microsurgery technique
Indications to operation: damages of limb’s peripheral nerves
Duration of operation: 90-180 minutes Period of in-hospital stay after surgery: up to 5 days
- Tendon and muscle transpositions
Indications to operation: extend traumas of extremities after injuries of muscles and nerves with their functions lost
Duration of operation: 60-120 minutes Period of in-hospital stay: up to 5 days
as well as many other methods of surgical treatment on upper limbs in traumas, acquired and congenital deformities.
If required, the Clinic is capable to extend the improve the operation, involving microsurgical techniques, arthroscopy, insertion of platelet-enriched blood plasma or concentrated punctuate of bone marrow of the patient.