Department for Joint Diseases in Children and Adolescents
Chief: Ph.D. Med. Kabatsiy Myroslav Stepanovych
- 27 Bulvarno-Kudriavska Street
Kyiv 01601 Ukraine
- Working Hours:
- Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. - 05:30 p.m.
- Consult Hours:
9:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
- Surgery Hours:
- Tuesday, Thursday
Department for Orthopedics of Adolescents by the Kyiv R&D Institute of Orthopedics has been founded on September 10, 1966, after reconstruction of departments of the Institute and elimination of department for bone and joint tuberculosis of children and adolescents.
Department chief – the candidate of medical sciences, senior staff scientific researcher, Ph.doc. Med. Kabatsiy Myroslav Stepanovych.
Now the department employs 7 scientific staff researches (6 candidates of medical sciences) and 1 doctor.
The department provide medical aid to children and adolescents with hip joint dysplasia, congenital femur dislocation, varus deformation of femoral neck, epiphyseal dysplasia, junior epiphiseolysis of femoral head, axial deformities of bones, consequences of osteomyelitis, pathologic dislocations of a femur, infant cerebral paralysis, arthrogryposis etc.
During the period of its existence, staff members and scientific researchers of the department represented 4 doctor and 19 candidate researches, published over 400 printed researches, 4 monographs and 2 manuals. Staff members of the clinic registered 32 inventions, 5 patents and 37 rational propositions.
Structure of the department
- Chief of the department;
- Scientific researches;
- Senior nurse of the department;
- Middle and junior medical staff .
The department has 40 beds and has 8 rooms for patients, cast room, dressing room, and premises for doctors and department chief, cabinet of remedial therapy.
Complete list of services:
The clinic performs the following operations:
- metal osteosynthesis of extremities and pelvic bones in extended fractures and pseudoarthrosis using bone autoplastic or alloplastic or without it;
- internal bone osteosynthesis (by plates, screws, nails and wire);
- open reposition and metal osteosynthesis;
- metal osteosynthesis of clavicle;
- open reposition, MOS of acromial-clavicle and clavicle-sternal connections;
- open repositions, MOS of head, neck, diaphysis and condyles of humeral bone;
- open reposition of MOS;
- arthrotomy, draining of joints;
- joint ligaments recovery;
- operations of hallux valgus, i.a. McBride operation;
- removal of benign tumors of soft tissues and bone-cartilage exostoses;
- removal of benign soft tissue tumors and tumor-like formations.
Reconstructive-recovery operations in congenital, acquired and degenerative-dystrophic hip joint diseases:
- triple and peri-acetabular osteotomies of pelvic;
- acetabular plastics and osteotomies of pelvic;
- intra-trochanteric shortening osteotomies of femoral bone;
- intra-trochanteric multiplanar corrective osteotomies in junior epipheolysis of femoral bone, congenital and acquired coxa vara, dysplasia (coxa valga antetorsio), Pertes disease and other deformities of proximal femur;
- sub-trochanteric correcting osteotomies of femoral bone.
Reconstructive-recovery operations in congenital, acquired deformities and degenerative-dystrophic diseases of knee joint:
- corrective osteotomies of tibial bone;
- corrective osteotomies of tibial bone with bone autoplastic and alloplastic;
- correcting osteotomy of tibial bone in Blaunt disease, rachitic deformities etc.
Operations in congenital and acquired deformities of foot and ankle joint:
- Zatsepin Sturm operation for congenital club foot;
- Club foot treatment according to Ponseti;
- Operations on bones in case of multiplanar deformities;
- Transposition of muscle tendons.
Treatment and diagnostic arthroscopy of lower limb’s big joints:
Reconstructive-recovery operations of upper and lower limbs in those suffering from infant cerebral paralysis (operations on muscles, tendons and bones).
- Examination of patients with diseases and traumas of locomotion system;
- Methods of X-Ray positioning for diagnosing orthopedic-traumatology disorders;
- Diagnostic and treatment punctions of joints;
- Medicament blockades in traumas and diseases of locomotion system;
- Closed correction of congenital femoral dislocation, dislocations of shoulder, fibula, tibia, foot, fingers;
- Closed reposition of bone fragments in fractures and fractures with dislocations;
- Cast dressings for conservative treatment of congenital club foot, bone fractures and dislocations;
- Cast dressings after conservative and surgical treatment of congenital club foot, Blount disease, congenital femur dislocation, muscle tilt neck etc.;
- Skeleton traction in fractures and dislocations of bones.
The clinic is consultative center on request for medical institutions of the city, sanitary aviation and provide consultative and surgical aid to the following categories of patients:
- Consequences of locomotion system injuries;
- Fractures with slow consolidation;
- Post-traumatic contractures;
- Post-traumatic degenerative-dystrophic joint disorders.
Degenerative-dystrophic joint disorders:
- Pertes disease;
- Deforming arthrosis;
- Aseptic necrosis;
- Cyst-type transformation.
Congenital and acquired pathology of locomotion system of upper and lower extremities:
- Congenital dislocation and hip joint dysplasia;
- Junior epiphyseolysis of femoral head;
- Pathologic femur dislocation after acute hematogenic osteomyelitis;
- Congenital or acquired coxa vara;
- Congenital dislocation of patella;
- Blount disease;
- Congenital club foot and other foot deformities;
- Congenital muscle tilt neck;
- Infant cerebral paralysis;
- Orthopedic disorders of people with ICP;
- Injuries of locomotion system in children and adolescents;
- Dysplastic bone and joint diseases in children and adolescents and consequences thereof.