Fishchenko Iakiv Vitaliiovych
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
- Doctor of highest category; President of the Ukrainian Association of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Orthopedics and trauma care, neurosurgery
- Professional experience – since year 2004
President of the Ukrainian Association of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
Spine Surgery Department with Spinal (neurosurgical) Center
Scientific work: Development of new methods of surgical treatment of pain in the spine..
Areas of work:
Diseases of the spine: Conservative, interventional and surgical treatment of osteochondrosis, hernias and protrusions of intervertebral discs, spondyloarthrosis, stenosis of the spinal canal, sacroiliac joint syndrome, syndrome of the operated spine. Leading specialist in Ukraine in endoscopic spine surgery.
Chest deformities: a leading specialist in the treatment of chest deformities in Ukraine.
Performs more than 600 interventional procedures and surgical procedures annually.
Titles, awards and membership in public profile organizations:
- Professor since 2021;
- Senior Researcher since 2017;
- Laureate of the Prize of the President of Ukraine 2008;
- Diploma of the Presidium of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine 2013;
- VesaliusAward of the American Association of Neurosurgeons (NewOrleans, USA) 2013;
- Scholarship holder of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 2014;
- Chairman of the Society of Young Scientists of the State Institution "ITO NAMNU" (2008-2015);
- Member of the Academic Council of the State Institution "Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine" since 2016;
- Full member of international professional societies: ScoliosisResearchSociety, AO Spine, AAOS.
Author of over 140 scientific papers.
He completed internships in leading clinics in North America (SaltLakeCity 2011, Phoenix 2012, 2013, 2019, 2021, Toronto 2010, Charlotte 2014, 2017, BocaRaton 2014, Tampa 2016), Europe (Prague 2011, 2012, Strasbourg 2013, Istanbul 2013, 2014, 2016, Munich 2018), Asia (Busan 2019, 2020).
Applied treatment methods::
- Endoscopic removal of spinal hernias;
- Endoscopic decompression of lumbar spinal stenosis;
- Correction of spinal deformities;
- Spinal injections under R-navigation;
- Radiofrequency neuroablation of joints and spine;
- PRP and MSK therapy;
- Minimally invasive chest surgery.
State Institution "Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine"
per. Chekhovsky, 7, 4th floor, office. 404.