Rehabilitation Department of the Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics, NAMS of Ukraine
Chief: Borzykh Natalia Alexandrovna
- 7 Chekhivskyi Lane,
Kyiv 01601 Ukraine
- +38 (050) 550 37 31
- Working Hours:
from 8:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- Consult Hours:
from 8:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m.
The Rehabilitation department works on the recovery treatment of patients with orthopaedic and trauma problems. Its in-hospital premises with beds for 30 patients with the ambulatory rehabilitation service forms a specialized rehabilitation centre.
The department started its work in 2010, with a priority focus on early post-surgical rehabilitation. The department has a multidisciplinary team. It includes highly-qualified orthopaedic surgeons, rehabilitation experts and professionals from the adjacent areas (a neurologist, a cardiologist, a therapist, and a psychologist). The rehabilitation clinic has modern and versatile equipment. Its scientists and physicians have developed author's programs for recovery after different disorders, approved by EU experts in physical rehabilitation. The clinic carries out personalized pre-surgical preparation and recovery after injuries, amputations of extremities, surgical interventions, elimination of pain syndromes, prophylactic and treatment of locomotion system disorders (spine, joints).
Moreover, today's rehabilitation system works according to the scheme: ambulatory (polyclinic) – hospitalization – therapeutic resort, the most effective among the existing ones.
Since 2018, the department has opened the second (large) gym for therapeutic gymnastics for individual and group sessions and ergotherapy. The hall has modern equipment to satisfy the needs of many functions to recover.
The department has initiated and provides methodic support to advance training courses for orthopaedic and trauma surgeons and interns, hosts meetings of these specialists.
Core focuses and therapeutic methods:
- development of individual programs for the recovery treatment;
- physical therapy (therapeutic exercises, individual and in groups);
- mechanical therapy (machines for constant joint motions development);
- physiotherapy (ultrasound, phonophoresis, UHF, laser therapy, shockwave therapy, magnetic therapy, different types of miostimulation, amplipulse therapy, darsonvalization, traction therapy);
- balneotherapy (galvanic baths, whirlpool baths, hydromassage);
- manual therapy and reflex therapy (the clinic’s physicians mastered the most modern therapeutic techniques).
The department also has a pain-relieving centre carrying out different and successful mini-invasive manipulations (epidural injections, radiofrequency neuro ablation of spine and large joints, epidural adhesiolysis, cold plasma nucleoplastics).
Conditions of the clinic enable the successful implementation of regenerative medicine for more effective treatment and prevention of the locomotion system's disorders (PRP, injections of collagen, SVF therapy, Lipogems, mesenchymal stem cells).
Our department employs one professor, 1 MD, 2 PhD, three orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, a neurologist, adjacent professionals, and 16 rehabilitologists.
- Head of the department, orthopaedic and trauma surgeon, doctor of physical and rehabilitation medicine, MD Borzykh Natalia Oleksandrivna
- Senior scientific researcher, MD, professor Roy Iryna Volodymyrivna
- Manager of the department, junior scientific researcher, orthopaedic and trauma surgeon Kudrin Anton Pavlovych (treatment of spine and joints)
- Doctor of physical and rehabilitation medicine Katiukova Liliia Dmytrivna
- Doctor of physical and rehabilitation medicine, neurologist Yachnyk Serhii Petrovych (treatment of spine, joints, neurological disorders)
- Orthopedic and trauma surgeon, vertebrologist Kovalenko Oleksandr Oleksandrovych (treatment of spine pathologies)
- Orthopedic and trauma surgeon Shcherbak Oleksandr Volodymyrovych (pathologies of joints, locomotion system’s disorders)
- Cardiologist Mosiichuk Svitlana Mykhailivna
- Receptionist: Rusanova Taisiia Yevhenivna
- Psychologist: Vyshnevska Olena Fadiivna
- Senior nurse: Koliushynska Oksana Anatoliivna
- Rehabilitologists (physical therapists, ergotherapists, and their assistants)
- Middle and regular nurses
The list of services:
- recovery treatment in acute, post-acute and durable rehabilitation periods;
- physical rehabilitation after joint arthroplasties;
- physical rehabilitation after osteosynthesis with metal constructions;
- pre-surgical rehabilitation;
- rehabilitation after joint arthroscopies;
- rehabilitation after spine surgeries;
- training movements for joint contractures;
- conservative treatment to disorders of joints, locomotion system as a whole;
- shockwave therapy;
- manual and reflex therapy;
- intra-articular administration of drugs, ultrasound-controlled;
- epidural blockades (caudal, interlaminar, transforaminal) in lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine, cold plasma nucleoplastics;
- radiofrequency neuroablation of spine and joints;
- mini-invasive surgery with local and conductive anaesthesia;
- molecular and regenerative therapy (PRP, SVF therapy, Lipogems, mesenchymal stem cells)
The Modern Status and Problematic Issues of Rehabilitation in Traumatology and Orthopedics / I.V. Roy, N.O. Borzykh, O.V. Pylypenko // Visnyk Ortopedii, Travmatologii ta Protezuvannia. - 2019. - № 1. - С. 52-57. - access: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Votip_2019_1_11
Rehabilitation Principles for Patients with Bone Tumors (Modern View on the Problem) / I.V. Roy, V.V. Protsenko, E.O. Solonitsyn, N.O. Borzykh // Trauma. - 2019. - Т. 20, № 4. - С. 125-130. - Access: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Travma_2019_20_4_19
Rehabilitation Means for Lesions and Diseases of Knee Structures / S.I. Herasymenko, I.V. Roy, N.O. Borzykh, A.S. Herasymenko, L.D. Katiukova // Visnyk Ortopedii, Travmatologii ta Protezuvannia. - 2019. - № 4. - С. 17-24. - Access: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Votip_2019_4_5
Modern Approaches to Rehabilitation of Soldiers with Gunshot Polystructural Injuries of Upper Limbs / I.V. Roy, N.O. Borzykh, L.D. Katiukova, O.V. Borzykh // Clinical Surgery. - 2019. - Т. 86, № 5. - С. 34–38. - Access: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/KlKh_2019_86_5_8
Social networks: https://www.facebook.com/rehabilitation.ua/