Laboratory of biomechanics
Chief: Lazarev Igor Albertovych
- Working Hours:
- Monday-Friday 9:00 - 16:00
Chief – Lazarev Igor Albertovych Ph.d.med
Focus work of the laboratory is connected with the study of function of a human locomotion system as intake and in case of different pathologic conditions of bone and muscle systems (traumas, congenital and acquired deformations, diseases).
The laboratory performs biomechanical diagnostics of intra-segment disorders in statics and dynamics. On the basis of data received the programs are made for biomechanical corrections of human locomotion system disorders (rehabilitation, surgical measures).
Biomechanical studies of locomotion system functions are made using the following methods:
- plantography (study of feet plantar surfaces in fallen arch and feet deformities),
- plantodynamometrics (study of pressure distribution of feet plantar surfaces in different pathologic conditions of feet)
- conturography (study of spine profile in deformations, e.g. scoliosis)
- postural analysis (study of body posture in different pathologic conditions of locomotion system – deformations of extremities, thorax, spine)
- study of supporting reactions according to three components (analysis of walking in different pathologic conditions of lower extremities)
- electromyography (study of muscle system activity)
- electrotensiondynamometry (study of different groups of muscles)
Main directions of scientific work of the laboratory:
- Assessment of walking cinematic after total hip replacement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondyloarthrosis affecting lower limbs;
- Study of feet bearing function;
- Biomechanical studies of patients with inherited polyneuropathies and consequences of extend damage of peripheral nerves in lower limbs.
- Biomechanical grounding of rehabilitation-recovery measures for orthopedic-traumatology patients
- Study of force features of muscles in conservative and surgical treatment of spine osteochondrosis
- Calculation of loadings on spine structures while exercises in patients with osteochondrosis complicated by hernias of intervertebral disks
- Study of patients with damaged shoulder rotator cuff of shoulder,
- Approbation of orthopedic correcting shoes and insoles,
- Approbation of rehabilitation devices and equipment,
- Assessment of ergonomic features of office furniture,
- Creation of new devices for analysis of human locomotion system biomechanical features,
- Biomechanical assessment of school bags and knapsacks (see photo)
- Imitative finite-element simulation in orthopedics, traumatology and rehabilitation.